Please make sure to read the following terms and conditions of use before you attempt to use www.medfundgh.org
This agreement attempts to clearly spell out the legally binding terms and conditions of use for campaign organizers, donors and visitors as well. This legal agreement applies to you if in any manner including but not limited to visiting or browsing site content or making any form of contribution of content or relevant information to the website.
It must be clearly noted that medfundgh.org is not in any way a financial institution
offering returns or interest or dividends for donations made on the platform.
1. SERVICE/COMPANY OVERVIEW
a. Medfund foundation, a company limited by guarantee registered under the company act 1963( Act 179) of the republic of Ghana operates the online platform www.medfundgh.org which provides an avenue for individuals to easily support financially projects and causes that is dear to their hearts especially those related to
causes in the healthcare/medical sector. Individuals( campaign organizers) will usually raise funds on the platform by asking donors to give to their causes without any form of cohesion . The individuals who fund campaigns are known as donors as already stated. The fundraising is organized in the areas of surgeries, ongoing
treatments, medical outreaches, medical initiatives, medical research and any social innovative causes.
b. At all times we do not have the capacity to fully verify that all information submitted by campaign organizers are 100% accurate.In our capacity as a responsible company we do our best to ensure that funds raised on our platform are used exactly for their intended purposes by ensuring that we have access to credible documents that pertain to the fundraising even before final withdrawals are initiated. We therefore do not assume any responsibility to verify whether the donations are used in accordance with any applicable law and such responsibility depends on the campaigner. We can not also assure that donations will always be used for their intended purposes by the campaign organizer. If you have any reason to believe that funds being raised are not being used for their stated objective you are at liberty to kindly use the REPORT button to alert the medfund team for steps to be taken in that regard.
3. REGISTRATION AND PLATFORM ACCESS
a.Contents on the www.medfundgh.org can be viewed without having to formally register or sign up . But to be able to use the platform for the purposes of raising funds you will be required to accomplish the following; creating an account and signing up. The following may be required of you as well; user ID, email address, password, mobile number. The platform may also afford you the opportunity to sign up using your google account or your facebook account(nothing will be published on your account without your permission).
b. You are obliged after agreeing to sign up to ensure that all information and registration details provided as a campaign organizer on the website is accurate, correct, current and complete. We maintain the right to disable any user ID or password provided by you at anytime if in our opinion you have violated any of our terms of service.
4. OBLIGATIONS OF CAMPAIGN ORGANIZERS
As a campaign organizer you are expected to ensure the following terms are met to enable uninterrupted use of this service;
a. Making sure that all the information you provide is credible, truthful and up to date clearly reflecting the state of the whomever the campaign was started for.
b. Making sure that funds raised are used for the exact purpose for which the fundraising was started. The company will have the right to terminate the continuation of the services to you if we have reason to believe funds are being diverted for fraudulent causes.
c. Making sure that funds that have been withdrawn either after a fundraising has hit or completion or upon request of withdrawal is duly presented to the beneficiary of
d. You are to ensure that you abide by the terms and conditions pertaining to the use of this service at all times
e. You are to ensure that updates to your campaign are made regularly as in when new information arises concerning beneficiaries to ensure that the public and users and donors are kept in the known at all times.
f. You are to ensure that your conduct on the platform(medfundgh.org) is not in any way abusive to the users . Any form of conduct or content that is deemed abusive and not representing what the company stands for will not be taken lightly.
5. PROHIBITED USER CONDUCT
You are reminded that you as a subscriber is solely responsible for all Campaign descriptions, comments, video, images, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, messages or other materials that you upload, post, publish or display or use via this platform. The following listed below are examples of the kind of content and conduct that the company frowns upon . And in any instance these terms are violated we hold the right to removing the unpalatable content, suspending or terminating the account of offenders, restricting payments to campaign, placing a hold on donated funds and finally resorting to legal action. As a user you agree to the following prohibited conduct not to use the services to raise funds or establish any campaign with the implicit or explicit purpose relating to any
of the following;
- any activity that violates any law or governmental regulation;
- content or campaigns that are fraudulent, misleading, inaccurate or dishonest;
- illegal drugs, narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety or any related paraphernalia;
- knives, explosives, ammunition, firearms, or other weaponry or accessories;
- annuities, investments, equity or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off- shore banking or similar transactions, money service businesses (including currency exchanges, check cashing or the like), debt collection or crypto- currencies;
- gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, fantasy sports, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill or chance (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) or sweepstakes;
- the promotion of hate, violence, harassment, discrimination or terrorism, or racial, ethnic, or gender intolerance of any kind;
- libel, slander, defamation by implication (not proven in the court of law) against any person, whether living or dead, or any organization;
- violation of any third party rights;
- human trafficking or exploitation
- pornography or other sexual content;
- offensive, graphic, perverse or sensitive content;
- the defense or support of anyone alleged to be involved in criminal activity;
- offering monetary rewards, including gift cards;
- funding an abortion, unless in accordance with applicable laws;
- utilisation for political and/or electoral purposes including but not limited to contesting elections or any election related expenses, lobbying, organising protests, mass mobilisation of people, campaign for or against any political party, or any activity that could be interpreted as a political campaign by potential donors or authorities
- Making use of funds that you suspect or know to be erroneous or fraudulent
6. DONOR CONDUCT/TERMS
b. You must also ensure that all information presented by you to enable a successful transaction is thereby accurate . we will have the right to deny your transaction in the event we discover that the guidelines for the use of this service has been violated.
c. As a donor you agree that medfund does not have the responsibility to verify the utmost accuracy of fundraising information provided by the campaign organizer for which donations have been made. We as a company undergo rigorous means to ensure that campaigns truly are safe and genuine and therefore will do our best at all times to ensure that campaigns are not fraudulent.
d. You are not allowed as a donor to create more than one campaign for a fundraising.
7.PRICING & FEES
a. Platform support fees: Because Medfund is a non profit social enterprise with our core aim being to help people raise timely funds for their various medical needs we therefore do not charge individuals for signing up to the platform but rather take off some amount from donations made towards fundraising known as platform support fees affords us the chance to bear the cost of operation expenses as well as meet the payroll of our employees.By so doing we are able to provide our client with the most enabling technologies to ensure a successful fundraising. Both users and donors are required to abide by our 5% (solo), 4.5% (ngo) & 6%(pro) platform support fees respectively.
b. Payment processing fee: In addition to the standard platform support fees deducted from each donation industry standard payment processor fees of 2.4% per transaction will apply t each donation that goes through the platform. You therefore agree that the use of this payment systems are integral to the services we offer and you are mandated by these terms and conditions comply to these charges.
The medfundgh.org platform employs the use of third party payment gateways that enables us to collect donations into a bank account awaiting withdrawal and distribution of funds. You acknowledge and agree that the use of this payment systems are integral to the delivery of our services and that we exchange information with these payment gateways to enable us provide the services required. You thereby agree to ensure that information submitted on your end is true and credible to enable these payment gateways to conduct their work smoothly.
9. FUND MANAGEMENT & WITHDRAWAL
The medfundgh.org platform only enables the flow of funds from Funders to Campaigners and is not the final recipient of funds raised other than the platform support fees payable by the Campaigner organizer on this platform.
a. WITHDRAWALS: Bear in mind that the medfundgh.org platform Keeps donated funds in the companies account within the duration of the campaign until the end date or when campaign organizer/beneficiary makes a request for a withdrawal. The medfundgh.org platform does not in anyway guarantee that withdrawals will be made available to beneficiaries within a specific time and we(medfundgh.org) will not as such be held responsible for any delays in fund withdrawal within a specific time frame.
As a campaign organizer you must ensure that all information provided by you to aid in withdrawals especially bank account details or any other convenient means you
choose must be accurate and up to date. We thereby promise at all times to ensure timely release of funds to aid beneficiaries in a timely manner. You thereby agree also to the platform support fees which will be deducted from the entire amount
raised at the time of withdrawal.
b. ACCOUNT HOLDS: From time to time the platform(medfundgh.org ) will reserve the right to put a hold on on individual campaign accounts restricting withdrawals
for the following reasons;
1. if we have reason to believe that information provided by a Campaigner is false, misleading, fraudulent, and in addition to funds being diverted for prohibited purposes.
2. if the funds available should be provided directly to a person other than the Campaigner (such as a legal beneficiary or person entitled by law to act on behalf of
3. if we have reason to believe that a Campaigner has violated these Terms of Service
4. if we think we need additional documentation to have reasonable assurance on utilization of donations for the purpose stated in the campaign
c. REFUND POLICY: Any donations made to the medfundgh.org platform through any of our payment system mediums cannot be refunded. Refunds will only be made possible under the following circumstances;
- A payment or a donation has been identified to have been initiated via an stolen or unauthorized debit or credit card not belonging to the donor and he/she wish to claim a refund
In the event the fundraising goal or target is not met you agree not to hold the owner or any of its directors, employees, agents, partners, vendors, suppliers, or content providers responsible . You will also not hold same responsible for any unforeseen technical glitches such as but not limited to site down for maintenance, server errors,
speed of website download, any viruses in the site etc., that might affect the smooth running of the medfundgh.org platform .You agree to indentify, defend and
hold harmless Medfund foundation/platform its officers, employees, directors and content providers from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable
attorneys' fees, costs, awards, fines, damages, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Services, any
Donation or Campaign, any User Content, your connection to the Services, your violation of these Terms of Service or your violation of any rights of another.The platform reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate
with the Owner in asserting any available defenses.
11.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL
OR EQUITABLE THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.